For the purposes of this policy, smoking is defined as the burning of any type of tobacco product, including cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, and pipes. This policy includes e-cigarettes and other forms of smoking substitutes which produce either a scented or unscented vapor. Cincinnati State has instituted the following policy regarding smoking on campus:
- Smoking is prohibited in all Cincinnati State vehicles and all college buildings, including classrooms, lecture halls, laboratories, offices, work areas, study areas, reception areas, meeting rooms, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, eating areas, lounges, restrooms, covered walkways, breezeways and walkways between sections of buildings, bus-stop shelters, areas immediately adjacent to building and parking garage entrances, and exterior stairways and landings.
- Smoking is prohibited within twenty-five (25) feet of any building entrance or HVAC intake vents, except for designated smoking areas. All tobacco products must be disposed in appropriate smoking receptacles– not on the ground.
- Designated outdoor smoking areas will be clearly marked with signs. They include (on the Clifton Campus):
- Small loading dock area located at the front of the Main Building
- Smokestack area located at the front of the Main Building
- Smoking area located off of the front courtyard
- Courtyard located between the Main Building and the ATLC
- Cincinnati State reserves the right to administer sanctions to any individual found in continuous violation of this policy, by referral through the College disciplinary process. Campus Police will oversee compliance with this policy; however, all faculty, staff, and students have a collective responsibility to promote the safety and health of the campus community and therefore share in the responsibility of enforcement.
- Organizers and attendees at public events, such as conferences, meetings, public lectures, and athletic competitions using Cincinnati State facilities, will be required to abide by the College Smoking Policy.