The Testing Center provides a secure and quiet testing environment for assessment and offers testing for placement, certification, and accommodated exams.
- The Testing Center is located on Clifton Campus in Main 176.
- The Middletown Campus offers assessments including ACCUPLACER, ESL, and Smarter Measure.
- Students are encouraged to make an appointment to test using the Testing Center section of the College website.
The ACCUPLACER “Next Generation” test may be used to assist placement of students in general education (math and English Composition) courses. Students may take the ACCUPLACER test at the Clifton or Middletown campus. The test also may be taken online or at an approved proctored location.
- Visit the Testing Center section of the College website to schedule a testing appointment and to review sample questions for test preparation.
- Before scheduling a testing appointment, the individual must be a Cincinnati State applicant or current student.
- See Testing Accommodations below if applicable.
English as a Second Language Assessment
Students whose first language is not English are encouraged to take Cincinnati State’s ACCUPLACER: ESL test, which includes listening, reading, WritePlacer ESL (if required), and math.
Microsoft Office Specialist Exam
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is for individuals looking to increase their competence, productivity, and credibility with their colleagues and clients in today's competitive job market, by demonstrating proficiency using Microsoft Office software programs.
This test is open to the public and is administered in the Testing Center on Clifton Campus. Students interested in this certification should:
- Create an account and purchase a test voucher through Certiport for the desired test
- Complete the Proctor Fee Payment Form and take it to the Cashier's window (ATLC Building 2nd floor, Clifton Campus)
- Register for a test day and time
Testing services are available to accommodate students who need a secure place to take a distance learning examination. Examinees who are interested in scheduling a test at the Testing Center should first contact their college or university for approval and then call (513) 569-1569 to schedule a testing time.
Smarter Measure Assessment
Smarter Measure is a keyboarding assessment tool. The results assist advisors with placement into courses that require keyboarding skills.
If you are a student who has disabilities or believe you have disabilities, we encourage you to contact the Cincinnati State Office of Disability Services at (513) 569-1775 prior to testing to make arrangements for necessary accommodations.